Students seeking an in-depth study of photography as a fine art may choose the pho- tography major.
All majors are encouraged to attend art exhibition openings and/or workshops and field trips sponsored or approved by the Department of Visual and Performing Arts. All majors are required to create a sophomore portfolio and have a senior show and port- folio to be approved by the art faculty.
Learning Outcomes for Photography
Upon graduation, the photography student will be able to demonstrate:
1. Proficiency in the use of a variety of cameras, including digital and video.
2. Mastery in the creation and analysis of photographic images.
3. Mastery in the development of film and printing and in the presentation of the final image.
4. Knowledge of the history of photography.
5. Proficiency in the use of software to edit and manipulate images.
6. Ability to write articulately about art.
7. Ability to develop a cohesive body of work